The Roofing Alliance Announces New 2021-2022 Leadership | News
ROSEMONT, Ill., May 24, 2021 / PRNewswire-PRWeb / – The Roofing Alliance, which celebrates its 25th anniversary as the founding of the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), is proud to announce their Board of Trustees for 2021-2022. Dave Lawlor of ROCKWOOL North America will serve as the new president and Kelly Van Winkle King of Texas Roofing Company LP will serve as the first female vice president.
The Roofing Alliance reflects the best of the roofing industry. They consist of roofers, including manufacturers, distributors, service providers and contractors, sit side by side with equal voting rights and work on how to fund important programs, educational initiatives and charities that promote and increase the professionalism of the roofing. industry. The voluntary leadership is made up of dedicated roofers who offer their combined talents and dedication to guide this important foundation.
Additional announcements at the Roofing Alliance Spring Virtual Meeting in addition to the new leadership included:
- An increase to 13 scholarships for the number of Melvin Kruger Endowed Scholarships awarded for the Accredited Post-Secondary Institution Scholarship category. This is an increase from 11 grants awarded in the previous year.
- Changes to the scholarship program criteria have been approved for both the Accredited Post-Secondary Institution category and the Accredited Career Technical Education Scholarship category. The ability to apply for scholarships was expanded beyond Roofing Alliance and NRCA members to include the larger roofing industry in general. Scholarship applications will also be offered to construction management schools, vocational schools and technical trade schools affiliated with SkillsUSA.
- SRS Raise the Roof Foundation will set up a new diversity fair at the Roofing Alliance by donating a portion of the proceeds from their upcoming IRE® concert event at the August International Roofing Expo® (IRE) in Las Vegas, NV.
- Collaboration with Ronald McDonald House Charities®, the Roofing Alliance and hundreds of roofers continue to help maintain the roofs of the 165 existing self-contained House programs in the U.S. The Roofing Alliance looks forward to connecting members with new House programs. programs being built. A special event is planned for the fall to recognize and thank all partners and material donors.
- The two winning teams of the Construction Management 2020-21 student competition will attend the August IRE® as guests of the Roofing Alliance. Members are looking forward to connecting with the Clemson University and Colorado State University students. There are also plans to launch a project in the New Orleans, Louisiana area for the CM Student Competition 2021-22.
- A new two-year financing project was approved: “Heat stress conditions and awareness for roofers”. The Roofing Alliance will partner with Dr. Kenneth Sands and his research team at the Department of Construction, UA Whitaker College of Engineering, Florida Gulf Coast University.
- The Roofing Alliance continues to partner with: Clemson University in developing “Principles of Roofing from Design to Installation and Beyond, Phase II.” The expected completion date is August 2022. When fully developed, a formal roofing certificate program will be available to both college students and management level professionals. The second ongoing collaboration is with the research team from Mississippi State University, “Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Virtual Reality Technology for Improving Roofer Safety.” When this study is completed in September 2021, a virtual reality model tailored to new hires will be available. The goal is to provide an additional resource that can help train new hires by giving them the experience to identify workplace hazards and ladder safety before actually hitting the roof.
For more information on these initiatives and general information about the Roofing Alliance, please contact us Bennett Judson, the Executive Director of the Roofing Alliance, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.roofingalliance.net.
About the Roofing Alliance
The Roofing Alliance is committed to shaping the future of the industry by funding education, research, fellowships and philanthropic initiatives, all with the goal of securing the industry’s future excellence. The Roofing Alliance, of 175 members representing extraordinary leaders from the communities of contractors, manufacturing, distribution and service providers, is committed $ 13 million to improve the performance and long-term viability of the industry and more than allocated $ 5.9 million Fund 51 research, education, technical and philanthropic programs and projects. The members of Roofing Alliance, who serve as the foundation of the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), are committed to giving back and supporting high-quality educational programs and ensuring timely and forward-thinking industry responses to important economic and technological issues. To learn more about Roofing Alliance initiatives, visit http://www.roofingalliance.net.
Bennett Judson, The Roofing Alliance, 8474937513, email@example.com
SOURCE The Roofing Alliance