Starnet names 2021 awards winners
Columbus, Ohio – Starnet Commercial Flooring has announced the fifth of several Starnet Design Awards winners for 2021. Now in its 23rd year, the annual competition honors the outstanding projects completed through membership in collaboration with the architects, designers and Starnet-aligned manufacturing partners. New this year: Starnet announces the winners of the gold category monthly, culminating in the announcement of the grand prize winner in October 2021.
Following is a list of corporate Starnet Design Awards winners for 2021:
Gold in Corporate
Gold in Corporate was awarded to Consolidated Flooring of Chicago for his work on Komatsu’s headquarters. The new Chicago headquarters celebrates the industry and adds a level of design sophistication through simple materials and a neutral color palette.
“This is a standout corporate project,” said jury member Andrea Hanson, chief designer, architect and certified interior designer, Dekker/Perich/Sabatini, design award judge. “It combines a neutral color palette with smart material choices for floors and an understated yet elegant design aesthetic.”
- Project Name: Komatsu HQ Relocation
- Starnet Member: Consolidated Flooring of Chicago
- Architect and designer: Partners by Design
- Starnet’s Preferred Suppliers: Armstrong Flooring, Inc., J+J Flooring, Mapei, Tarkett Johnsonite
Silver in Corporate
The Silver in Corporate was awarded to Starnet Member Diverzify for the company’s work at Jules Verne in Southern, Wisconsin.
- Project name: Jules Verne
- Starnet Member: Diverzify
- Designer: Cunningham Group Architecture, Inc.
- Starnet’s preferred suppliers: Chapco Adhesives, Mapei, Milliken Commercial, Tarkett, Tarkett Johnsonite, Tarkett Tandus, Tarkett Centiva
Bronze in Corporate
The Bronze in Corporate was awarded to Starnet member M. Frank Higgins & Co., Inc. for the company’s work at its new Berlin office and warehouse location, Conn.
- Project Name: Higgins Flooring,
- Starnet Member: M. Frank Higgins & Co., Inc.
- Designer: Five Hills Design
- Starnet’s preferred suppliers: Amtico, Ardex, Daltile, J+J Flooring, Mapei, Milliken Commercial, NeverStrip Floor Coatings, Roppe, XL North Chemical Co.
Honorable Mention in Corporate
The Bronze in Corporate was awarded to Starnet member ReSource New Jersey for the company’s work at NBC Regional Sports Chicago Studio in Chicago.
- Project Name: NBC Regional Sports Chicago Studio, Chicago
- Starnet Member: Source New Jersey
- Designer: Jack Morton Worldwide
- Starnet’s Preferred Suppliers: Ardex, Spray-Lock, Tarkett Tandus, Tarkett Centiva
An elite panel of architects and designers generously shared their talent and expertise during this year’s judging:
- Andrea Hanson, client, architect, certified interior designer, Dekker/Perich/Sabatini
- Alison Woolf, associate principal, design director, Huntsman Architectural Group
- Cecelia Baumann, senior interior design student, Savannah College of Art and Design, University of Creative Careers