Reuters Events plans energy transition conference in Houston this November
More than 350 energy, business and industry leaders from North America’s largest organizations will gather in Houston November 9-10 Reuters Events: North America 2022 Energy Transition, where they discuss the urgent need to decarbonise North American energy production and develop strategies to turn global net-zero ambition into meaningful net-zero action.
Against the backdrop of the COP27 climate conference, key industry changemakers will map out strategies to ensure safe, clean and affordable power in the United States and Canada.
Over two days, Reuters Events will shed light on leadership and financial questions, delve deeply into the importance of carbon management and business model innovation, and identify the key technologies and innovations available to deliver a carbon-free, electrified energy network.
Reuters Events: Energy Transition North America has a legacy of convening leading energy and industrial executives and provides a central meeting place for executives committed to net zero to come together, build strategies and partner. The 2022 speaker faculty has so far:
- Bob Dudley, President, OGCIA
- Patti Poppe, Chief Executive Officer, Pacific Gas and Electric
- Gretchen Watkin, President, Shell USA, Inc
- Rafael Chaves, Chief Sustainability Officer, Petrobras
- Ralph Izzo, Chief Executive Officer, PSEG
- Alistair Vickers, Chief Executive Officer, bp Wind Energy
- Jesse Arenivas, Chairman, CO2, Kinder Morgan
- Amos Hochstein, Senior Advisor Global Energy Security, S. Dept. or State
- Maria Pope, Chief Executive Officer, Portland General Electric
- Chris Golden, Country Manager USA, Equinor
- Joseph Dominquez, Chief Executive Officer, Constellation Energy
- Sandhya Ganapathy, CEO, North America, EDPR
- Enrico Viale, Head of North America, Enel
- Susan Nickey, Chief Client Officer, Hannon Armstrong
- Mauricio Gutierrez, Chief Executive Officer, NRG Energy
- And much more!
“Ensuring a just and effective energy transition in North America will be critical to reducing global emissions and ensuring security is the defining challenge of our time,” said Owen Rolt, Head of Energy Transition at Reuters Events. . “It is fitting that this year we will once again showcase one of the strongest lineups of any energy event in the world.”
To facilitate this seismic shift for the energy industry, Reuters Events has built the forum around five critical themes: delivering net zero North America, security and supply, carbon management strategies, climate technology and electrification, and the grid.
Those interested in joining the forum can find more information here.