Reuters Events launches North America Energy Transition Summit
More than 350 energy, business and industrial leaders from North America’s largest organizations gather in Houston, November 9-10, 2022 to Reuters Events: North America 2022 Energy Transition, where they discuss the urgent need to decarbonise North American energy production and develop strategies to turn global net-zero ambitions into meaningful net-zero action.
Against the backdrop of the COP27 climate conference, key industry changemakers will map out strategies to ensure safe, clean and affordable power in the United States and Canada.
Over two days, Reuters Events will shed light on leadership and financial questions, delve deeply into the importance of carbon management and business model innovation, and identify the key technologies and innovations available to deliver a carbon-free, electrified energy network.
Key speakers taking the stage include:
- Robert Dudley, Chairman, Oil and Gas Climate Initiative
- Patti Poppe, Chief Executive Officer, PG&E
- Rafael Chaves, Chief Sustainability & Institutional Relations Officer, Petrobras
- Gretchen Watkins, President, Shell USA
- Sandhya Ganapathy, CEO North America, EDP Renewables,
- Amos J. Hochstein, Senior Advisor for Global Energy Security, United States Department of State
- Maria Pope, Chief Executive Officer, Portland General Electric
- Jesse Arenivas, President, CO2 & President, Energy Transition Ventures, Kinder Morgan
- Susan Nickey, EVP & Chief Client Officer, Hannon Armstrong
- Mark McFarland, Chief Executive Officer, California Resources Corporation
- Alistair Vickers, Chief Executive Officer, bp Wind Energy
“Ensuring a just and effective energy transition in North America will be critical to reducing global emissions and ensuring security is the defining challenge of our time,” said Owen Rolt, Head of Energy Transition at Reuters Events. . “It is fitting that this year we will once again showcase one of the strongest lineups of any energy event in the world.”
To facilitate this seismic shift for the energy industry, Reuters Events has built the forum around five critical themes: delivering net zero North America, security and supply, carbon management strategies, climate technology and electrification, and the grid.
Those interested in joining the forum can find more information here.