Plumber inhales fumes at RGIA, dies

A plumber was killed on Thursday after inhaling toxic gases from the drain pipeline in the arrivals hall of Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Shamshabad. Two others were rushed to the Apollo Emergency Room at the airport for immediate medical attention.

Around 8 p.m., the victim, 42-year-old Narasimha Reddy of Faber Sindoori Facility Management Services (AMC for PTB facility airport), along with two others, checked for leaks from the drain and climbed the ceiling using a ladder, Deputy Police Commissioner (Shamshabad) N. Prakash Reddy said. “They had poured acid into the drains to clear the blockage. Reddy and others inhaled the fumes and fell unconscious,” he said. They were quickly taken to the medical facility at the airport where Reddy died while being treated. The health of the other two is stable. The victim’s body was taken to the Gandhi Hospital morgue for an autopsy.

Comments are closed.