Plumber dies at Hyderabad airport after inhaling gas
Hyderabad: A plumber died on the spot on Thursday while cleaning sewer pipes at the Hyderabad airport.
According to the sources, Narsimha Reddy and two other plumbers were cleaning the sewage pipe that was leaking on top (ceiling) on arrivals from the airport when the incident occurred. To clear the blockages from the pipes, Narsimha Reddy poured acid into the pipes, releasing gas and killing Narsimha on the spot.
The two other plumbers, Zakir and Ilyas, were also affected and were taken to hospital for treatment.
According to the DCP Shamshabad N Prakash Reddy, the late plumber is working with Faber Sindoori facility management services. A case has been registered by RGI Aiport Police Station and the body has been transferred to Gandhi Hospital for post-mortem examination.