Fluke’s new thin-jaw Clamp Meter rated for 1,500-V solar power applications
Fluke Corporation has the: Fluke 393 FC CAT III 1500V True-rms Clamp Meter with iFlex, a 1,500 V CAT III, IP54 rated, thin clamping pliers. With its CAT III 1,500-V / CAT IV 600-V safety rating, the 393 FC provides exceptional safety for work in DC environments up to 1,500 volts, such as solar panels, wind power, electric railways and data center battery banks for uninterrupted power. Its thin jaw allows it to be used in combiner boxes, inverters and tight spaces, making it ideal for solar applications.
The meter measures up to 1,500 VDC, 1,000 VAC and up to 999.9 ADC or AC through the clamping jaw. The included flexible iFlex clamp meter extends AC current measurements up to 2500 amps. When measuring alternating current, the iFlex probe can be rotated through extremely tight spaces, giving technicians access to cables that would otherwise be difficult or impossible to clamp a probe around.
“The Fluke 393 FC delivers unparalleled safety and performance in 1,500 VDC environments, such as solar,” said Susan Isaac, product manager for the Fluke 393. “It is specifically designed to address the unique challenges solar technicians face every day and help them get their jobs done faster and safer.”
The Fluke 393 FC features:
- IP54 rating for dust and water, making it ideal for outdoor work on solar panels and wind power systems.
- DC power measurement, with kVA readings.
- Audio and visual polarity to ensure that photovoltaic panels are installed correctly using an audible signal and a light to indicate the correct polarity.
- Visual continuity providing a bright green indicator light in the display for working in dark and noisy environments.
- Log, share and report test results via Fluke Connect software.
News from Fluke Corporation