Coverings conference sessions announced – Floor Covering News
Arlington, Va.- Coverings, the premier event for the ceramic tile and stone industry in North America, has released a series of featured conference sessions for Coverings 2022. All educational sessions are designed to provide visitors with the informative content they need to excel in today’s highly competitive tile and stone market, according to Coverings.
Coverings 2022 learning opportunities will focus on the key principles of “Health, Wellbeing and Environment;” “Timeless luxury;” and “Outside living spaces.”
The following educational sessions will consist of:
- Installation and manufacturing
- Materials and trends
- Staff and profit
Installation and manufacturing
These sessions dive into best practices and advanced techniques for installation and fabrication. Certain sessions in this track include:
- Meeting consumer demand – successful outdoor installation
- A panel discussion where tile contractors share their experiences and successes with outdoor installations and discuss case studies with the latest plinth systems and 2 centimeter pavers.
- What lies beneath: how the Tile Community saved the day with the right preparation?
- An examination of what it means to be a qualified worker, why training is important and how/why specifiers and customers should engage and understand how to select a professional tile contractor
- The secrets of pool design and installation
- Includes case studies of award-winning pool projects and covers the full scope of the design and installation process, as well as specialty components of pool design such as water features and specification of appropriate waterproofing and materials.
- Tile veneer for outside
- A closer look at innovations in exterior tile assembly and industry associations’ initiative to propose revisions and successfully testify before the International Code Council in favor of allowing larger exterior tiles. The session also analyzes some of the challenges and critical points in the design and installation of outdoor tile veneer.
“The participants in the ‘Installation at Fabrication’ sessions will gain the tools, training and technical know-how they need to lead the way in the tile and stone industry,” said Bart Bettiga, executive director of the National Tile Contractors Association ( NTCA). ).
Materials and trends
During these sessions, the breathtaking world of tiles and stone is central. Selected sessions include:
- The Current Age of Accelerated Health and Environmental Action and Opportunity for Tiles – Industry Leadership Collaborative Panel
- A discussion among green construction industry leaders to explore current and future demands for green and healthy building, how the North American ceramic tile industry is poised to take advantage of various tools, health standards, environmental transparency, and performance.
- Tapping the Luxury Market – Insider Secrets of Luxury Daily’s Women in Luxury
- A conversation between representatives of Luxury Daily, a leading luxury business publication, with great insights on how to tap into the luxury market and sell better products at higher margins to wealthier prospects.
- Safety and Performance Issues with Not So Luxury Vinyl Tiles
- This session addresses questions related to plastic and resin-based material flooring products using the latest research comparing the benefits of ceramic tile over plastic-based material (PPE) and plastic resin flooring.
- Designing for the outdoors
- Participants will learn the steps involved in the design-build process for outdoor spaces and how to successfully deliver the final product to the customer.
“The ‘Materials & Trends’ sessions provide an opportunity for participants to learn about the health benefits of tile, be inspired by the latest trends and gain real-world experiences for their businesses and projects,” said Alena Capra, certified head kitchen and bath designer, Coverings spokesperson and owner of Alena Capra Designs.
Staff and profit
These sessions help participants discover new and successful business practices and tactics to better grow and manage their business. Selected sessions include:
- Distinguish your business through the health and wellness movement
- A discussion on how design-build professionals can embrace the movement toward home health and wellness and effectively foster that alignment to differentiate and revitalize their businesses.
- Laws of luxury: how to increase your sales by leveraging the luxury business model?
- A session aimed at tile and stone distributors and design firms, discussing the steps required to become a luxury brand or increase margins and sell to the wealthy.
- Growth 2022: COVID, the economy, inflation and medium term – tactics, strategies and actions to increase profitability in uncertain times
- A study of what industry professionals can expect in 2022 and how they can lead their business to growth and profitability
- Women’s Work: New Workplace and Workplace Opportunities
- An exploration of the benefits women bring to work, new opportunities for women in construction and architecture, challenges women must overcome, successes along the way and more.
“Workforce & Profits session participants can take advantage of business-building solutions and strategies to help win and retain customers and employees,” said Rick Church, executive director of the Ceramic Tile Distributors Association (CTDA) .
Educational sessions are free and cover all industries with comprehensive learning objectives and outcomes. Participants are advised to check the Coverings 2022 schedule to see all the details.