Armstrong releases third-party assured sustainability report
Lancaster, Pa.—Armstrong Flooring has released the company’s first third-party guaranteed, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) compliant sustainability report. According to Armstrong, the report highlights operational metrics and sustainability initiatives across the company’s global business and provides insight into efforts to embed sustainability into every business function.
Furthermore, the company said the report details its commitment and efforts to:
- Rethink operations and embrace a circular economy;
- Rediscover transparency from content to carbon footprint;
- Reconnect communities to improve people’s lives and create a more connected future for its employees, communities and the planet.
“This report represents the efforts of many individuals who have worked tirelessly in various business functions to make Armstrong Flooring more sustainable,” said Michel Vermette, Armstrong Flooring president and CEO. “While the 2020 global pandemic challenged our business, it also reinforced the importance of our company’s values and sustainability efforts. There is excitement and energy around our sustainability initiatives and we continue to look for opportunities to positively impact the well-being of people and the planet.”
Key results highlighted in the 2020 report include:
- A 43% reduction in water intensity (gallons per square meter of product production) exceeds the company’s target of a 25% reduction by 2025 from its 2015 baseline.
- A 21% reduction in the intensity of greenhouse gas emissions compared to a 2015 baseline.
- Third party certification of 99% of products with low or no volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions and content standards.
- The establishment of a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Council.
- Donations of hundreds of thousands of feet of product to Good 360, Habitat for Humanity and other non-profit organizations that provide essential services to local communities.